Northern Irish actor Ciaran Hinds is to play Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, on "Game of Thrones" next season, EW.com reported.
Hinds is best known for his work on TV's "Rome" and "Political Animals," as well as in the films "The Woman in Black," "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," "There Will Be Blood," "Munich," "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "John Carter."
The medieval fantasy series "Game of Thrones" is shot primarily in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Rayder was mentioned numerous times in the show's first two seasons, but won't be seen until Hinds plays him in Season 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes