German Chancellor Angela Merkel emphasized the
importance Thursday of creating a European political union to bring
the eurozone crisis under control.
"Time is running out," Merkel said after meeting Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ottawa.
She said Germany was committed to the creation of a political union in the eurozone.
Harper has sharply criticized the attempts so far by eurozone members to resolve the debt crisis and has pushed Merkel to take on the leadership role, once and for all, in crisis talks.
On Wednesday, Merkel suggested that she considered Canada to be a model for resolving the euro crisis, referring to the country's strict budget discipline that runs parallel to its pro-growth policies.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women