French carmaker Citroen has announced that a new
model designed by potential buyers using Facebook has gone on sale.
Citroen said 24,000 design suggestions were submitted via its Facebook page for the C1 Connection. The car is available in three-door and five-door versions.
A group of egg-shaped online robots guided users through the interactive process which Citroen described as "crowd-sourcing in action." The stylistic changes are largely limited to colours and equipment options although a Facebook user designed the model badge fitted to the car.
The Connection is one of a trio of cars to come from a partnership between Citroen, Peugeot and Toyota, the other two models being the Peugeot 107 and the Toyota Aygo.
The Facebook-tweaked Connection features 14-inch alloy wheels, dark tinted rear windows, black metallic paint and red exterior and interior detailing.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks