French carmaker Citroen has announced that a new
model designed by potential buyers using Facebook has gone on sale.
Citroen said 24,000 design suggestions were submitted via its Facebook page for the C1 Connection. The car is available in three-door and five-door versions.
A group of egg-shaped online robots guided users through the interactive process which Citroen described as "crowd-sourcing in action." The stylistic changes are largely limited to colours and equipment options although a Facebook user designed the model badge fitted to the car.
The Connection is one of a trio of cars to come from a partnership between Citroen, Peugeot and Toyota, the other two models being the Peugeot 107 and the Toyota Aygo.
The Facebook-tweaked Connection features 14-inch alloy wheels, dark tinted rear windows, black metallic paint and red exterior and interior detailing.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy