The number of Syrians who have sought refuge in
neighbouring Turkey has risen to 61,000, authorities in Turkey said
The refugees were being housed in tents in eight locations and a reception centre, according to the national crisis centre.
Turkish media reported the government has ordered the construction of shelters for a further 40,000 Syrians.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying