August is the ninth annual National Black Business Month, founded by engineer F.E. Jordan Sr. and historian John William Templeton, to raise visibility of U.S. businesses led by African-Americans.
Visit the Northwest Neighborhood Historic District in West Palm Beach, location of the city's first black public school, or plan a trip to the Overtown Folklife Village in Miami. Dine at Papa's Jamaican Cuisine, in Fort Lauderdale or Seafood Soul in West Palm Beach.
Consumers can view a day-by day listing with fact-filled suggestions at blackmoney.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair