Eight people died after an attack on a
nightclub in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey, authorities
Jorge Domene, security spokesman for the state of Nuevo Leaon, where Monterrey is situated, said the attack happened late Monday. A commando group entered the table-dancing club, Matehuala, in central Monterrey, the country's industrial powerhouse, which lies some 900 kilometres north of Mexico City.
All the people killed were men. Another person was injured in the attack. The motive was yet to be established.
More than 50,000 people have been killed in Mexico over the past five years in incidents linked to organized crime.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women