Jamaican sprinting sensation Usain Bolt has another Olympic achievement to add to his three gold medals at this summer's games - he was also the most tweeted about athlete, according to figures released by Twitter.
Overall, the 2012 Olympics generated more than 150 million tweets during the course of the games, with Bolt's victory in the 200m dash generating over 80,000 tweets per minute, just ahead of his 100m win, which prompted 74,000 tweets per minute.
The tennis victory of Britain's Andy Murray was the third-most highly tweeted event, with 57,000 tweets, followed by Jamaica's win in the 4X100m relay (52,000 tweets per minute) and the US basketball victory over Spain, (41,000 tweets per minute.)
However sporting tweets took a back seat to the opening and closing ceremonies, with the appearance of the Spice Girls prompting 116,000 tweets per minute.
Besides Bolt, nine other Olympians garnered more than 1 million tweets:
1. Usain Bolt - Jamaica (@UsainBolt) 2. Michael Phelps - US (@MichaelPhelps) 3. Tom Daley - Britain (@TomDaley1994) 4. Ryan Lochte - US (@ryanlochte) 5. Gabby Douglas - US (@gabrielledoug) 6. Andy Murray - Britain (@andy_murray) 7. Kobe Bryant US (#GetKobeOnTwitter) 8. Yohan Blake - Jamaica (@YohanBlake) 9. Lee Chong Wei - Malaysia (@Lee_C_Wei) 10. LeBron James - US (@KingJames)
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z