President Obama today phoned the NASA responsible for launching Curiousity to Mars.
"We could not be more excited about what you've been doing," Obama told the room full of NASA mission operation personnel based in Pasadena, Calif.
The president proceeded to talk about Martians and whether or not the team has found any. He also congratulated the team and said what they have accomplished is inspiring people around the world.
"It's really mind-boggling what you've been able to accomplish," Obama said, as a camera scanned the room filled with smiling faces.
Obama continued his banter with the team and even brought up science's newest face, "The Mohawk Guy," a Mission Control staffer named Bobak Ferdowsi, who has gained Internet fame as people live-streamed the Curiosity launch.
"I, in the past thought about getting a mohawk myself," Obama joked. "My team keeps discouraging me."
Watch the video of Obama speaking to NASA below:
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth