President Obama today phoned the NASA responsible for launching Curiousity to Mars.
"We could not be more excited about what you've been doing," Obama told the room full of NASA mission operation personnel based in Pasadena, Calif.
The president proceeded to talk about Martians and whether or not the team has found any. He also congratulated the team and said what they have accomplished is inspiring people around the world.
"It's really mind-boggling what you've been able to accomplish," Obama said, as a camera scanned the room filled with smiling faces.
Obama continued his banter with the team and even brought up science's newest face, "The Mohawk Guy," a Mission Control staffer named Bobak Ferdowsi, who has gained Internet fame as people live-streamed the Curiosity launch.
"I, in the past thought about getting a mohawk myself," Obama joked. "My team keeps discouraging me."
Watch the video of Obama speaking to NASA below:
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors