Hey, all you left-handers out there ... today is your day.
Aug. 13 is officially Left-Handers Day. According to the Left-Handers Club, this is its 23rd year celebrating left-handedness.
"All year round, we fit in with home and office layouts designed for right-handers' comfort -– put up with doors, cookers, sinks, computer mice, keyboards and desks that are efficient for right-handers to work at, and hundreds of times every day we contort ourselves using back-to-front tools and gadgets that make us look clumsy and awkward in our efforts to make them to work," reads the Left-Handers Day official website.
And, left-handers, you're in good hands. Here are some well-known people that hold their pens in their left hand:
Presidents: Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford.
Musicians: Bob Dylan, Jimmi Hendrix, Sir Paul McCartney, Sting, David Bowie, Phil Collins, George Michael, Marshall Mathers, Jordan Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Annie Lennox, Celine Dion, Paul Simon and Ringo Starr.
Miscellaneous professions: Bill Gates, Mark Twain, H.G. Wells, Prince Charles and Prince William, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, Jean-Paul Gaultier, and The Simpsons cartoon creator Matt Groening.
Most Popular Stories
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Dennis Kozlowski, ex-Tyco CEO, to Be Paroled
- Healthcare.gov Update Gets Mixed Reviews
- Mexico Economy Secretary to Attend WTO Meeting
- Appeals Court Sides With Employers on Arbitration
- Miley Cyrus to Rihanna Lyrics: Top Yahoo Searches for 2013