Ofelia San Pedro has been named chief financial officer of Republica, the cross-cultural marketing agency announced today. She will be responsible for finance, administration, human resources, support services and information technology in the newly created position.
"It's very impressive to witness what Jorge (Plasencia) and Luis (Casamayor) have built despite the economy and through their untiring entrepreneurial spirit," San Pedro said. "I am extremely excited to have joined their stellar team as we continue building República into the future."
San Pedro, a certified public accountant, has more than 30 years of experience in the corporate and public sectors.
"We are extremely fortunate to add Ofelia, one of the greatest financial and operational minds in business, to our República family," said Jorge A. Plasencia, República's chairman and CEO.
"Ofelia is a true business veteran, and her experience combined with her fresh ideas are helping catapult our company," said Luis Casamayor, president and chief creative officer of República.
San Pedro was chief operating officer of Kaplan Virtual Education and served as deputy superintendent of business operations for Miami-Dade Public Schools. Prior to joining Miami-Dade Public Schools, she was vice president of global procurement at Ryder System Inc. and president of the Ryder Energy division.
San Pedro received a B.S. in industrial engineering and an MBA from the University of Miami.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement