MundoFOX, the new Spanish-language broadcast network scheduled to launch nationally Aug. 13, is adding an additional affiliation commitment in Denver.
KQCK channel 33 will be the exclusive outlet for MundoFOX in this top Hispanic market.
According to 2011 U.S. Census Bureau statistics, in Denver 32 percent of the population is Hispanic or from Latino origin, making it a key Hispanic market and a clear market affiliation target for MundoFOX.
"MundoFOX will revolutionize Spanish-language television in the U.S., providing unique broadcast programming to the surging Hispanic population," said Emiliano Saccone, president of MundoFOX. "Denver is key to our success and we are thrilled to add KQCK 33 to our portfolio."
Beyond the population numbers, the Hispanic population in the U.S. has become a significant consumer target market for companies, with an annual spending power of $1 trillion that will climb to $1.5 trillion by 2015, according to Nielsen Media Research.
"As seen from the data, Latinos are driving the growth in population in Colorado, and the wellbeing of this group will also ensure the future prosperity of everyone in the state," said Guillermo "Bill" Vidal, president and CEO of the Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. "MundoFOX will give the Hispanic population more programming options, while at the same time it will provide companies with more opportunities to reach this lucrative market and grow."
MundoFOX acknowledges the importance of this market which is why it "wants to challenge and revolutionize the status quo by giving media buyers and advertisers more innovative options," said Tom Maney, senior vice president of advertising sales for Fox Hispanic Media. "Smart marketers believe there is a new Latino mindset. They are asking for more choices, and they will be given just that from MundoFOX."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women