Joe Simpson, the father of singers Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, was arrested for alleged drunk driving, authorities in Los Angeles said.
Simpson, 54, was arrested Aug. 4 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., after police spotted him allegedly driving erratically and pulled him over, TMZ reported Friday.
He spent the night in a police station and was released the next morning without having to post bail, the celebrity news Web site said. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had not yet reviewed the case to determine if charges should be brought against him, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief