Joe Simpson, the father of singers Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, was arrested for alleged drunk driving, authorities in Los Angeles said.
Simpson, 54, was arrested Aug. 4 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., after police spotted him allegedly driving erratically and pulled him over, TMZ reported Friday.
He spent the night in a police station and was released the next morning without having to post bail, the celebrity news Web site said. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had not yet reviewed the case to determine if charges should be brought against him, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women