Joe Simpson, the father of singers Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, was arrested for alleged drunk driving, authorities in Los Angeles said.
Simpson, 54, was arrested Aug. 4 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., after police spotted him allegedly driving erratically and pulled him over, TMZ reported Friday.
He spent the night in a police station and was released the next morning without having to post bail, the celebrity news Web site said. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had not yet reviewed the case to determine if charges should be brought against him, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records