Joe Simpson, the father of singers Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, was arrested for alleged drunk driving, authorities in Los Angeles said.
Simpson, 54, was arrested Aug. 4 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., after police spotted him allegedly driving erratically and pulled him over, TMZ reported Friday.
He spent the night in a police station and was released the next morning without having to post bail, the celebrity news Web site said. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had not yet reviewed the case to determine if charges should be brought against him, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11