Joe Simpson, the father of singers Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, was arrested for alleged drunk driving, authorities in Los Angeles said.
Simpson, 54, was arrested Aug. 4 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., after police spotted him allegedly driving erratically and pulled him over, TMZ reported Friday.
He spent the night in a police station and was released the next morning without having to post bail, the celebrity news Web site said. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had not yet reviewed the case to determine if charges should be brought against him, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say