Ford Motor Co. said it was recalling 16,300 Transit Connect vans because wiper arms may not be adequately riveted, the U.S. automaker said Friday.
The recall covers vehicles built in the 2011 and 2012 model years, The Detroit News reported.
The Dearborn, Mich., automaker said because the arms may not be properly riveted, cleaning the windshield could be incomplete or inconsistent, and the wiper arm could possibly detach, The Detroit News reported.
Ford said it wasn't aware of any crashes or injuries because of the problem.
If the wiper arm were to detach, the wiper will fail and the driver's visibility may be reduced, which would increase the risk of a crash, Ford said.
Some owners have complained of poor wiper performance and noisy wipers, the News said.
Ford dealers will replace both the passenger and driver windshield wipers and blade assemblies, the automaker said.
Most Popular Stories
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Facebook Bounceback Shows Social Media Market Strength
- Social Media Means New Business Opportunities
- Randy Travis Sues Texas Agencies Over Drunken Arrest Video
- Record 800-pound Gator Killed in Texas
- Leading Economic Indicators Recovered in April
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Munoz Takes the Wheel at Nissan
- Shakira Out, Aguilera in at 'The Voice'