For various reasons, Tumblr blogs have been popping up dedicated to James Holmes, the 24-year-old former graduate neuroscience student, accused of attacking a Colorado theater audience earlier this month.
Some have even began calling themselves "Holmies." The bloggers oftentimes dedicate a space to defend their support for Holmes or to clarify why they dedicated the cyber space to a killer.
This blog's for the Holmies has a photo of Holmes in his prison garb and a foil hat photoshopped atop his head. The blogger writes: "I know exactly what I'm doing with this blog and I intend to keep it until I have no desire to log back in or revisit this case. I am not some teenage girl that thinks this is funny, and I don't take any of the things that happened in the tragedy lightly."
Rome For Holmes blogger said they made the blog to discuss Holmes' case: "In my eyes James Eagan Holmes is a human being capable of making mistakes, just like the rest of us, and I wish to discuss him as such. I hope to provide as much factual information as possible. However, I support all opinions, theories, questions, thoughts, or any other concerns you might have. So feel free to send them in!"
This blogger claims they are 17 with a fascination with serial killers and murderers: "collumbine? ted bundy? btk? i love them. do i mean i love that they killed people? of course not. i would never kill anyone and i feel for the families who have lost loved ones. however, i'm always intrigued as to why they committed these crimes. how did they do it? what goes through their minds?"
A quick search on Facebook can lead you to discover this page that has 53 "friends."
Should people be allowed to support a killer openly in cyberspace?
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel