LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/09/12 -- In the just-released Consumer Reports mattress ratings, three of the top five brands selected by survey respondents favored factory-direct mattress companies, which is great news for Ortho Mattress (www.orthomattress.com), the leading manufacturer and retailer of factory-direct mattresses in California.
"The latest Consumer Reports mattress rankings further validate our approach to making and selling to our customers," said Ortho Mattress CEO Ken Karmin. "We have successfully carved out our place as the number-one mattress store in the region by controlling the quality and affordability of our products and manufacturing in our own Southern California factory."
In addition to carrying its own Doctor Preferred, Summerhill & Bischop and Ortho Avant brands, Ortho's 65 California stores offer the number one mattress on Consumer Reports' list, the Tempur-Pedic -- making it truly a one-stop shop for everyone's mattress needs.
The 2012 mattress survey just released this month and to be published in August was conducted by the Consumer Reports National Research Center. Mattress ratings on a scale of zero to 100 are based on over 13,000 reader responses about mattresses purchased new between 2005 and 2009.
About Ortho Mattress
Ortho Mattress is proud to be Southern California's made-in-the-USA brand with retail and manufacturing headquarters in La Mirada, Calif. Founded in 1957, Ortho Mattress today has more than 65 stores throughout the region, including Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. The company offers a wide array of factory-direct mattresses including its name-brand memory foam mattress, Ortho Avant; its new luxury line, the Summerhill & Bischop collection; the Ortho Doctor Preferred brand; as well as top national mattress brands such as Tempur-Pedic. For more information, visit www.orthomattress.com.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column