Katie Holmes' lawyer said the Hollywood actress and Tom Cruise, her soon-to-be ex-husband, have reached a divorce settlement.
They were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter, Suri.
Holmes filed for divorce June 28 in New York.
"The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life," Holmes' attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, said in a statement to People.com.
"We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."
Holmes and Cruise said in a joint statement through their respective representatives Nanci Ryder and Amanda Lundberg:
"We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents,"
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women