Tom Cruise's lawyer says the Hollywood film star plans to file for divorce from his wife Katie Holmes, who legally moved to end their marriage last week.
The couple have been married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
"Tactically we can't say where Tom will file a divorce case and if he'll be seeking joint custody of Suri," Cruise's attorney Bert Fields told the BBC.
"We are letting 'the other side' play the media until they wear everyone out," Fields said, "and then we'll have something to say. ... It's not Tom's style to do this publicly. He is really sad about what's happening."
Holmes, 33, filed for divorce from Cruise, 50, June 28 in New York City. She is seeking sole custody of Suri.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- President Obama Hints at Bernanke Exit