Actor Brad Pitt's mother, Jane, supports Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney in a letter to the editor of the News-Leader newspaper in Springfield, Mo.
The letter, which also speaks out against same-sex marriage, comes as a bit of a surprise since Brad Pitt and his fiancee, Angelina Jolie, are huge supporters of Democratic President Barack Obama and gay rights.
Jane Pitt's letter was published Tuesday under the headline "Election -- Casting ballot deserves prayerful consideration," E! said.
In her letter, Pitt urged her fellow Christians to "spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man [Romney] with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality."
She also said anyone who doesn't vote for Romney for president or writes in a name on the ballot during the election is supporting Obama, "a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage."
E! said Brad Pitt's publicist has not responded to requests for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women