Although the ink has not dried, the Los Angeles Lakers have signed point guard Steve Nash.
The L.A. team made the announcement on the Fourth of July, but it cannot become official until July 11 once a leaguewide moratorium on new business is lifted.
Nash will get $25 million for three years, reports ESPN. The 38-year-old is a two time MVP.
In June, Nash had admitted that it would be hard to play for the Lakers, but reports that L.A. Laker Kobe Bryant may have stepped in to influence the sign-and-trade deal.
Twitter is going crazy with reactions on the new recruit and even Laker great Magic Johnson has chimed in:
"The @Lakers are off to a great start w/ the move of bringing @stevenash & his All-Star talents. Congrats Mitch Kupchak & Jim Buss."
"@SteveNash will make the @Lakers a championship contender. His passing ability will make all the @Lakers better including their big 3."
A Bryant fan Twitter account @TeamKB24 tweeted this photoshopped photo of the new Laker and Bryant that has been retweeted more than 550 times.
Nash himself is on Twitter. You can follow him @SteveNash.
Watch this highlight reel of Nash's amazing assists:
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women