NBA forward Matt Barnes is facing felony charges after being arrested by California police Monday night on an outstanding traffic warrant.
A Manhattan Beach police arrested Barnes about 8:30 p.m. as the former Los Angeles Laker walked on Manhattan Beach Boulevard because the officer knew Barnes had an outstanding traffic warrant, KTLA reported.
The traffic warrant was for $26,000 in unpaid fines for driving on a suspended license, said TMZ.com.
A felony charge was added after Barnes resisted arrest and threatened the officer.
Barnes, who is currently a free agent, was held on $26,000 bond on the traffic warrant and $25,000 on the felony charge.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women