Amtrak riders can now get their tickets electronically.
On Monday, Amtrak rolled out e-tickets, which allow riders to book a seat online or over the phone and print out a ticket. A video on Amtrak's YouTube site, www.youtube.com/user/AmtrakOfficial, walks users through the process.
After riders book and pay for their tickets, they will receive a confirmation email with a PDF ticket to print. Those with smartphones or tablets can avoid printing the ticket by just showing the conductor the email to scan.
Previously, Amtrak users could reserve a seat online but had to get tickets from an Amtrak ticket counter or Quik-Trak kiosk.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth