Actor Rafael Amaya joined the Voto Latino organization in a public service announcement directed by Wilmer Valderrama and Andrew Sandler. The sketch, designed to empower Latinos by encouraging them to participate in the voting process, also starred Demi Lovato, Maria Menounos, Francia Raisa and Michael Pena.
"I'm thrilled to support such a great organization as Voto Latino is," said Amaya.
He added that "it is our duty as citizens to exercise our civic duties and have our voices be heard through the process of voting. Working on this PSA with such an incredible cast was amazing and it was wonderful to see Wilmer in his new facet as director."
Amaya is currently readying for his title role on "El Seņor de los Cielos," a new prime-time series from Telemundo.
Related: Election 2012: Groups Push for Increased Participation of Hispanics
For more information on Voto Latino please visit: www.votolatino.org.
The PSA will air this August.
Meanwhile, here's guapo Rafael Amaya in a little ol' love triangle:
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Manila's Hollywood Week