Actor Rafael Amaya joined the Voto Latino organization in a public service announcement directed by Wilmer Valderrama and Andrew Sandler. The sketch, designed to empower Latinos by encouraging them to participate in the voting process, also starred Demi Lovato, Maria Menounos, Francia Raisa and Michael Pena.
"I'm thrilled to support such a great organization as Voto Latino is," said Amaya.
He added that "it is our duty as citizens to exercise our civic duties and have our voices be heard through the process of voting. Working on this PSA with such an incredible cast was amazing and it was wonderful to see Wilmer in his new facet as director."
Amaya is currently readying for his title role on "El Seņor de los Cielos," a new prime-time series from Telemundo.
Related: Election 2012: Groups Push for Increased Participation of Hispanics
For more information on Voto Latino please visit: www.votolatino.org.
The PSA will air this August.
Meanwhile, here's guapo Rafael Amaya in a little ol' love triangle:
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy