Apple will announce the new iPhone and an iPad Mini in the middle of September with the phone to go on sale Sept. 21, blog site iMore is reporting.
Based on "sources who have proven accurate in the past," iMore said, the two devices would be unveiled at a special event Sept. 12.
French site App4Phone.fr said information from Chinese manufacturing sources also put Sept. 21 as the release date for the iPhone, CNET reported Monday.
Although not reporting a launch date for the 7-inch screen iPad Mini, iMore said it could be available the same day as the iPhone.
Most Apple-watching sites are reporting the new iPhone would offer a 4-inch, 16:9 screen, and that all new Apple iOS devices would come with a smaller dock connector.
The spacing between the announcement and the on-sale date would mirror last year's schedule when Apple unveiled the iPhone 4S on October 4 and then released it for sale 10 days later, CNET said.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits