U.S. pop star Lady Gaga has confirmed she is to make her big-screen acting debut in the action movie "Machete Kills."
Director Robert Rodriguez announced the casting and posted an image of the recording artist as her character La Chameleon on Twitter Thursday.
"I just finished working with @LadyGaga on @MacheteKills, she kicked SO MUCH ASS! Holy Smokes. Blown away!," Rodriguez said in a Twitter posting.
"Yes its true, I will be making my debut as an actress ln the amazing MACHETE KILLS BY @RODRIGUEZ IM SO EXCITED!!! AH! Filming was insane," Lady Gaga said in a separate message.
The sequel to 2010's "Machete" stars Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Alexa Vega, Zoe Saldana, Mel Gibson, Vanessa Hudgens and Charlie Sheen. It is set for release in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo