WASHINGTON, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Hispanicvote.com has partnered with National Voter Registration Day and Turbo Vote to register, educate and engage young voters.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120202/PH46904LOGO )
On September 25, 2012 Hispanic Vote will join volunteers, civic groups, and other organizations from around the country for the National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated field, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities (http://www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org).
Turbo Vote's tagline is that "Turbo Vote makes voting as easy as renting a DVD from Netflix," said Seth Flaxman, Executive Director of Turbo Vote. "What Turbo Vote does is streamline the voter registration and absentee ballot request process using the Internet and good old U.S. mail. All in all, it's a pretty handy tool that uses the Internet to make the complicated voting process easier" (http://www.turbovote.org).
"Hispanicvote.com has become a leading digital and media platform with more than 18,000 followers on Hispanic Vote's Facebook fan page, and over 3,000 twitter followers discussing political campaign conversations," said Dennis Garcia Founder of Hispanic Vote.
"Hispanic vote will focus on the five key battleground states: Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada and Virginia, where Hispanics comprise 13% or more of the electorate. In Virginia it is estimated that there are approximately 200,000 Hispanic registered voters that could make the difference in the closely contested 2012 Senatorial and Presidential elections," concluded Garcia.
For more information on Hispanic Vote please visit http://www.hispanicvote.com or follow along on Twitter and Facebook.com.
Laura Ramirez Drain
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women