Trevor Bayne, the 2011 winner of the Daytona 500, has entered the TD Bank 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway on July 22, which is the premier auto race in Maine.
Bayne is the latest driver from Sprint Cup to compete in the race, also known as the Oxford 250, joining Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and JJ Yeley. Harvick won the event in 2008 and Kyle Busch won it last year.
"It is one of those events that every short-track racer from around the country knows about and hopes to get a chance to run one day. The race is super competitive, but I feel like I have a good shot," Bayne said.
"Kevin and Kyle have set a high standard the past few years and I will definitely check in with them to get some advice."
"We are excited to have Trevor come to Oxford to race," Oxford Plains Speedway owner Bill Ryan said. "Trevor is a great driver and I am sure he will be in the mix all race."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women