Christine Lahti has been cast in a recurring role on "Hawaii Five-0," CBS said Tuesday.
The show is to begin its third season this fall.
Emmy Award-winning actress Lahti will portray Doris McGarrett, the thought-to-be-deceased mother of Steve McGarrett, played by Alex O'Loughlin.
"The mysterious character of Doris McGarrett is a pivotal one to the mythology of our show," Executive Producer Peter Lenkov said in a statement, "and we are thrilled to have a seasoned and beloved actress such as Christine to portray her. She's a wonderful addition to the 'H5-0' family and the fans will certainly enjoy what we have in store for her. Let's just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Lahti earned her first Oscar nomination for "Swing Shift," then took the statue home 10 years later as a first-time director for her short film "Lieberman in Love."
In 1998, Christine Lahti won both the Emmy and her second Golden Globe Award for her portrayal of Dr. Kathryn Austin on TV's "Chicago Hope."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women