"The Campaign," the new comedy starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, has joined the lineup of the Traverse City Film Festival.
The political funfest will be shown at 6:15 p.m. Aug. 4 during the northern Michigan festival, which has become a highlight of the state's annual arts schedule.
Director Jay Roach of "The Campaign" will be in attendance for a question-and-answer session following the movie. Roach also helmed the Ben Stiller hit "Meet the Parents."
In "The Campaign," Ferrell plays an incumbent candidate whose congressional seat is challenged by a naive newcomer portrayed by Galifianakis.
"The Campaign" opens Aug. 10 in metro Detroit.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief