The Hispanic community is mourning the loss of Mexican-American actress Lupe Ontiveros.
Ontiveros died yesterday, July 26, at the age of 69 from cancer.
CNN and Yahoo! has her photo on its website's frontpage, proving the Latina actress made her mark on Hollywood as well as paved the way for Hispanic actors.
Social media users are also mourning her loss, especiallyTwitter users who are writing messages about Ontiveros and who have made her name a trending topic.
Related Story:"'Selena,' 'Goonies' Actress, Lupe Ontiveros, Dies at Age 69"
Here are some of the things fans of Ontiveros are saying:
@SalDaBaker: "#RIP Lupe Ontiveros an OG chicana actress."
@Shadowpsykie: ".I.P. Lupe Ontiveros :( #VayaConDios she did alot for latino women in Hollywood #LupeOntiveros."
@kipb: "RIP Lupe Ontiveros, one of the most recognizable character actresses in Hollywood."
@coffeeandablunt: "May Lupe Ontiveros rest in peace. She gave my sisters and I some great memories. We had Selena on repeat summer of 1997. #thewashingmachine."
@hugoschwyzer: "RIP Lupe Ontiveros. My wife, when we saw "Real Women Have Curves," said "God, she just incarnated my mother". A marvelous actress. Too soon."
@cristela9: "I love that Lupe Ontiveros is trending on Twitter. It's just a small example of the impact she made. Latinos, she helped pave a way for us."
@FunnyAida: "Lupe Ontiveros once gave me a lecture on what it means to be a Latina actress. RIP to one of the hardest working women in the game."
þ@MariaESalinas: "Very sad over Lupe Ontiveros' passing. Not only a great actress but a great human being. Big loss for Latinas in Hollywood. RIP"
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women