Marie C. Johns, deputy administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, was in El Paso on Wednesday.
Johns toured Alco Machine, Tool & Steel Inc., an El Paso company that has benefited from an SBA-backed loan.
The money helped owner Alfredo Borrego buy equipment for his company and expand his business and create jobs.
During her stay in El Paso, Johns spoke about the Obama administration's initiatives to aid manufacturers and small businesses in creating a stronger economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation