Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, who now lives in Singapore, is among the city-state's wealthiest people with an estimated fortune of $2.2 billion, a rich-list released on Thursday showed.
He is ranked 8th in Forbes magazine's latest list of the 40 richest people in Singapore.
Despite difficult times, Singapore's 40 wealthiest increased their combined fortunes last year to $59.4 billion, up 9 percent on the previous year.
Robert and Philip Ng, the sons of the late founder of the property developer Far East Organization, were again ranked at the top with an estimated net worth of $9.2 billion.
Besides Brazil-born Saverin, another new face on the list is India-born new Singaporean citizen Bhupendra Kumar Modi, the owner of Spice Group, who is ranked number 23 with $755 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Sony Entertainment Network Offering Music Unlimited Service In Brazil
- Age is not an obstacle [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- audio reviews [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- It's alive! Cinema from the slums ; A love of cult movies has turned into a semi-regular night of great bad films
- Coens deliver humorous and deeply felt movie
- Cannes festival surges into top gear ; Coen brothers take poll position in the race for the Palme d'Or
- Fred Armisen, Bill Hader bid special farewells to 'Saturday Night Live'
- Swift leads, Miguel hurts fans at Billboard Awards
- Cannes 2013: The musical side of the Coens' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'