The first August Virginia Craft Beer Month is set for next month, according to a news release from Gov. Bob McDonnell's office.
The month-long observation, with the theme Love on Tap, seeks to celebrate local craft beer on tap at more than 40 breweries and hundreds of restaurants across Virginia.
Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton plans to mark the month with a weekly Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during August.
The brunches are set to feature live music at 2:30 p.m. and a menu with local sausage gravy over toasted buttermilk biscuits, veggie and sausage breakfast burritos, quiche of the day, waffles and more.
The month culminates with the first Virginia Craft Brewers Fest from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 25 at Devils Backbone Brewing Co. in Nelson County.
The outdoor event is set to feature Taste Virginia's award-winning craft beers, music, food and more.
Other events in conjunction with the month are planned throughout the state.
The Virginia tourism office created an interactive map at www.Virginia.org/craftbeer to help visitors find craft breweries open for tastings and tours and to plan a visit.
The site also features special events and Virginia craft beer travel packages throughout August.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women