ON THE FIRST DAY
Women's soccer will get the London Olympics started today. The schedule:
--11 a.m.: Great Britain vs. New Zealand (MSNBC) --Noon: United States vs. France (NBC Sports, NBC Olympics Soccer) --1:45 p.m.: Cameroon vs. Brazil (NBC Sports) --2:15 p.m.: Colombia vs. North Korea (MSNBC, NBC Olympics Soccer) --4 p.m.: Japan vs. Canada, recorded (NBC Sports) --4:30 p.m.: Sweden vs. South Africa, recorded (MSNBC)
THE OLYMPICS ON TV
--WXII-12: The network affiliate in the Triad. Time Warner channels 12, 120, 1120. Multiple sports; about 270 hours, including swimming, track and field and gymnastics. --NBC Sports: The network's cable operation. Time Warner 38, 514, 1514. Multiple sports; nearly 291 hours of live coverage. --MSNBC: Time Warner 59, 406, 1406. Multiple sports; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. EDT daily with longer broadcasts on weekends. --CNBC: Time Warner 30, 407, 1407. Boxing; same-day coverage 5-8 p.m. EDT weekdays with six hours live on each weekend day. --Bravo: Time Warner 43, 307, 1307. Will air tennis Saturday through Aug. 3, mostly in early morning to mid-afternoon EDT. --Telemundo: Time Warner 800. More than 170 hours of Spanish-language coverage including boxing, swimming, basketball and soccer. --NBC Olympics Basketball: Time Warner 1520. Channel devoted to the sport. --NBC Olympics Soccer: Time Warner 1521. Channel devoted to the sport. --3D: Time Warner 1533.
Friday's Opening Ceremony will be aired at 7:30 p.m. (WXII-12). The event will be recorded (it begins at 4 p.m. EDT).
WATCH EVENTS LIVE
Cable or satellite TV customers can watch every competition in London live and for no additional charge at NBCOlympics.com.
At that site, you can also find complete event schedules.
ON MOBILE AND TABLET
NBC has two apps, NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra, that are compatible with many (although not all) smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women