Theater shooting suspect James Eagan Holmes may have sent a notebook to a Colorado psychiatrist detailing his plans for the massacre, FoxNews.com reported.
The information was attributed to unnamed law enforcement sources.
FoxNews.com said the package, sent to a University of Colorado psychiatrist, went unopened until Monday.
"There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre," FoxNews.com reported Wednesday.
The Denver Post said a law enforcement source confirmed Holmes mailed a notebook to a psychiatrist but the source did not know what it contained, the newspaper said.
FoxNews.com said investigators found a package with Holmes' return address on it that had been sent to a professor who also treats patients in the university's outpatient facility. The package had been in the mailroom since July 12.
"Among the images shown in the spiral-bound notebook's pages were gun-wielding stick figures blowing away other stick figures," FoxNews.com said.
Twelve people were killed and 58 others were wounded when Holmes, 24, allegedly opened fire in an Aurora, Colo., theater last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Rand Paul 2016?