New York Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter's 30,875-square-foot waterfront Florida mansion dwarfs its neighbors in both size and price, a county appraiser said.
The seven-bedroom, nine-bath mansion on Davis Islands in Hillsborough County is appraised at $12.3 million on the property tax rolls, nearly double the amount of the county's second most expensive home worth $6.3 million, The Tampa Tribune said Tuesday.
The house is on Hillsborough Bay near downtown Tampa.
County tax records show Kered Connons LLC paid $7.7 million for three adjoining waterfront lots on Bahama Circle in 2005 and 2006. Jeter is listed as the "sole member" of Kered Connors LLC and Kered is Derek spelled backwards, the newspaper said.
The veteran ballplayer is earning about $16 million this season.
Most Popular Stories
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Darden Competition for Small Businesses Opens
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05
- Wal-Mart Misses Forecast
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says