Saul Hudson, better known as Slash, turns 47 today.
Slash is the former lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses and has reached legendary status for his shredding and riffs.
His fans created videos in honor of his birthday, and here's
Slash also said that this is third birthday in a row where he has been celebrating on the road.
Related story:"Happy Birthday Carlos Santana: The Latino Legend Turns 65"
Some highlights of Slash's career include: Time magazine naming him runner-up on its list of "The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players" in 2009; Rolling Stone placed him at No. 65 on its list of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" in 2011, and Guitar World ranked his solo in "November Rain" at No. 6 on its list of "The 100 Greatest Guitar Solos" in 2008.
While Guns N' Roses fans are still praying for a reunion, it's not likely to happen anytime soon. Check out what Slash told CNN's Piers Morgan when asked if he would ever reunite with Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses (below).
And lastly, check out this Slash solo:
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics