Ford seeks to restrict info on former Visteon site
Ford Motor is to ask a Macomb County Circuit Court judge today to restrict public access to environmental testing information related to a former Visteon plant that is being torn down. Shelby Township officials oppose the company's request for a protective order. The site, more than 200 acres at 50500 Van Dyke, is adjacent to a subdivision and a softball diamond.
Ford expects lower 2Q profit on growing losses
Ford Motor Co. has already warned that its second-quarter profit will fall below last year's $2.4 billion because of trouble outside North America. On Wednesday, investors will see the extent of the damage -- and find out if Ford expects the bad news to continue in the second half.
Builders groups' rally in Detroit, push housing as key component to U.S. recovery
Local and national builder groups came to Detroit on Friday as part of a series of home ownership rallies in political swing states to shine the light on housing and its importance to the economic recovery.
Final development of Detroit's east riverfront plan to start
Officials are expected to announce and celebrate the start of the final development phase of Detroit's east riverfront.
NHTSA investigates Jeep, Ram models for safety problems
A government agency is investigating safety problems with two vehicles made by Chrysler, the Ram pickup truck and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV.
House Envy: Want to own your own lighthouse? Here's your chance
On a hill overlooking a small marina on Lake Huron, the historic Port Sanilac Lighthouse stands ready for its next owner.
Michigan Film Office approves incentives for 4 productions so far in '12
A report released Friday shows that the Michigan Film Office has approved incentives for only four movies during the first half of this year, down from 12 in the year-ago period.
Fewer American teens getting their driver's licenses, U-M study finds
Automakers beware. More than 30% of American 19-year-olds in 2010 (30.5% to be precise) did not have a driver's license, according to the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute.
Family closing Maria's Comida restaurant to focus on making salsa
After four years, a Hamtramck restaurant is closing so the family that owns it can offer one of its best known items, salsa, on the shelves of more upscale markets, boutique shops -- and possibly even national chains.
Ford says its C-Max Energi can go 20 miles on batteries alone
Ford said the C-Max Energi, which will be its first plug-in hybrid when it hits showrooms later this year, can run slightly more than 20 miles on electricity alone. That is more than the 13-mile battery-only range of the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid.
Most Popular Stories
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox