Emily Maynard has accepted Jef Holm's marriage proposal on the U.S. dating competition show "The Bachelorette."
Holm proposed in Sunday night's episode after Maynard told his fellow finalist Arie Luyendyk, a 30-year-old race-car driver, he wasn't the one for her, UsMagazine.com reported.
Maynard, 26, said she chose Holm, the 28-year-old chief executive officer of a bottled water company, because she was in love with him and thought he would make a good stepfather to her 7-year-old daughter Ricki, whose father died before she was born.
Once he heard Maynard wanted to be with him, UsMagazine.com said Holm got down on one knee and said: "What I'm about to ask you aren't just empty words [for] a few months, a few years, a few decades. It's a forever thing."
After he asked her to be his wife, Maynard replied, "Yes!"
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays