Emily Maynard has accepted Jef Holm's marriage proposal on the U.S. dating competition show "The Bachelorette."
Holm proposed in Sunday night's episode after Maynard told his fellow finalist Arie Luyendyk, a 30-year-old race-car driver, he wasn't the one for her, UsMagazine.com reported.
Maynard, 26, said she chose Holm, the 28-year-old chief executive officer of a bottled water company, because she was in love with him and thought he would make a good stepfather to her 7-year-old daughter Ricki, whose father died before she was born.
Once he heard Maynard wanted to be with him, UsMagazine.com said Holm got down on one knee and said: "What I'm about to ask you aren't just empty words [for] a few months, a few years, a few decades. It's a forever thing."
After he asked her to be his wife, Maynard replied, "Yes!"
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion