Emily Maynard has accepted Jef Holm's marriage proposal on the U.S. dating competition show "The Bachelorette."
Holm proposed in Sunday night's episode after Maynard told his fellow finalist Arie Luyendyk, a 30-year-old race-car driver, he wasn't the one for her, UsMagazine.com reported.
Maynard, 26, said she chose Holm, the 28-year-old chief executive officer of a bottled water company, because she was in love with him and thought he would make a good stepfather to her 7-year-old daughter Ricki, whose father died before she was born.
Once he heard Maynard wanted to be with him, UsMagazine.com said Holm got down on one knee and said: "What I'm about to ask you aren't just empty words [for] a few months, a few years, a few decades. It's a forever thing."
After he asked her to be his wife, Maynard replied, "Yes!"
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Public, Industry Weigh in on Oil Train Safety