A South Korean company that makes floor mats and cargo trays for Kia, Hyundai and General Motors has chosen Columbus, Ga., for its first U.S. plant, creating 65 jobs and investing $3 million in its facility.
AFS America LLC, a subsidiary of NVH Korea Co. Ltd., said today it will open a production facility and warehouse in Corporate Ridge Business Park in east Columbus. The timeline calls for manufacturing to begin by the fourth quarter of this year, with operations ramping up into 2013.
The company is a supplier for Hyundai Mobis, a major Kia supplier located adjacent to the main Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia assembly plant in West Point, Ga. It also delivers parts to the Hyundai Motors Manufacturing Alabama factory near Montgomery, Ala.
The Georgia Department of Labor will help the company with hiring, taking applications at its Columbus Career Center, 700 Veterans Parkway. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, call 706-649-7423.
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions