It was announced this week that Zooey Deschanel was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
The 32-year-old actress is up against Lena Dunham, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Melissa McCarthy and Amy Poehler.
Deschanel's co-star Max Greenfield was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
Their co-stars Lamorne Morris and Jake Johnson congratulated the two on Twitter, although one of them felt the show's writers were snubbed.
Morris tweeted: "congrats to @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for the nominations #2012emmys !!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Let's win some trophies Dammit!"
And Johnson said: "Congrats to my friends @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for their Emmy noms. I think our writers got a raw deal, though. @NewGirlonFOX"
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall