It was announced this week that Zooey Deschanel was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
The 32-year-old actress is up against Lena Dunham, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Melissa McCarthy and Amy Poehler.
Deschanel's co-star Max Greenfield was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
Their co-stars Lamorne Morris and Jake Johnson congratulated the two on Twitter, although one of them felt the show's writers were snubbed.
Morris tweeted: "congrats to @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for the nominations #2012emmys !!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Let's win some trophies Dammit!"
And Johnson said: "Congrats to my friends @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for their Emmy noms. I think our writers got a raw deal, though. @NewGirlonFOX"
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted