It was announced this week that Zooey Deschanel was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
The 32-year-old actress is up against Lena Dunham, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Melissa McCarthy and Amy Poehler.
Deschanel's co-star Max Greenfield was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
Their co-stars Lamorne Morris and Jake Johnson congratulated the two on Twitter, although one of them felt the show's writers were snubbed.
Morris tweeted: "congrats to @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for the nominations #2012emmys !!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Let's win some trophies Dammit!"
And Johnson said: "Congrats to my friends @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for their Emmy noms. I think our writers got a raw deal, though. @NewGirlonFOX"
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya