It was announced this week that Zooey Deschanel was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
The 32-year-old actress is up against Lena Dunham, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Melissa McCarthy and Amy Poehler.
Deschanel's co-star Max Greenfield was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
Their co-stars Lamorne Morris and Jake Johnson congratulated the two on Twitter, although one of them felt the show's writers were snubbed.
Morris tweeted: "congrats to @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for the nominations #2012emmys !!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Let's win some trophies Dammit!"
And Johnson said: "Congrats to my friends @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for their Emmy noms. I think our writers got a raw deal, though. @NewGirlonFOX"
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters