It was announced this week that Zooey Deschanel was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
The 32-year-old actress is up against Lena Dunham, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Melissa McCarthy and Amy Poehler.
Deschanel's co-star Max Greenfield was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
Their co-stars Lamorne Morris and Jake Johnson congratulated the two on Twitter, although one of them felt the show's writers were snubbed.
Morris tweeted: "congrats to @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for the nominations #2012emmys !!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Let's win some trophies Dammit!"
And Johnson said: "Congrats to my friends @ZooeyDeschanel and @iamgreenfield for their Emmy noms. I think our writers got a raw deal, though. @NewGirlonFOX"
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women