Gold prices shook off some early jitters Friday to close up $1.80 to $1,582.10 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Silver closed Friday's session up 13 cents to $27.35 an ounce.
The euro was $1.2153 from $1.2274 Thursday. Against the yen, the dollar was 78.46 from 78.64 yen Thursday.
The British pound was $1.5615 from $1.5719. The dollar 1.0121 from 1.0081 Canadian dollars.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women