Rappers Kanye West and Jay-Z and the film "The Help" were the big winners at the BET Awards in Los Angeles night.
The hip-hop icons took home the prizes Sunday night for Best Group and Video of the Year for "The Throne."
Jay-Z's wife, Beyonce, was named Best Female R&B Artist and Chris Brown Best Male R&B Artist. Brown also picked up the AOL Fandemonium Award. Drake and Nicki Minaj won matching male and female Best Hip-Hop Artist statuettes.
"The Help" won the Best Film Award and leading lady Viola Davis the Best Actress honor.
"The Five-Year Engagement" and "Think Like a Man" star Kevin Hart won the Best Actor trophy.
Samuel L. Jackson hosted the ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium.
Most Popular Stories
- George Zimmerman Arrest Viewed Differently According to Race
- Putin, Obama Make Little Progress over Syria
- Jurors will Remain Anonymous in Zimmerman Case, Judge Orders
- Arrests, 7-Elevens Seized in Illegal Immigrant Scheme
- NHL's Phoenix Coyotes Could Be on Move to Seattle
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Michale Applebaum, Mayor of Montreal, Arrested
- Pope Talks Crime, Drugs, Poverty With Maduro
- Assange Still Holed up at Ecuadorean Embassy
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus' Is Wildly Experimental, Narcissistic