Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.'s annual meeting of financial representatives is expected to draw 11,000 agents, staff and family members to Milwaukee, starting Saturday.
The 132nd annual meeting is expected to have an estimated impact on the local economy of $8 million, according to Visit Milwaukee. The yearly mecca of financial reps to the home office concludes next Wednesday.
"We are thrilled to welcome Northwestern Mutual back to Milwaukee once again," Paul Upchurch, president and chief executive of Visit Milwaukee, said in a statement. "Northwestern Mutual represents the largest convention of our year and has a tremendous impact on our area's economy. We look forward to welcoming the Northwestern Mutual attendees to Milwaukee and creating great experiences for them while they're here.'
Northwestern Mutual will be conducting events and seminars for its reps at the Frontier Airlines Center, the BMO Bradley Center and at metro hotels including the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, the InterContinental Hotel and the Pfister Hotel.
In addition, the company is sponsoring activities for the financial representatives' families at such venues as the Milwaukee Art Museum, Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin, Milwaukee Public Museum, Paradise Landing Indoor Water Park in the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, Milwaukee County Zoo and Betty Brinn Children's Museum, Visit Milwaukee said.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts