BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/18/12 -- Skycore LLC (http://skycore.com) today announced adding mobile-optimized email services to their mobile marketing and commerce platform. Text, images and videos can be inserted into an email along with a dynamically generated, transaction-embedded, 2D barcode image including a logo and related text. Each unique transaction code can be scanned directly on the mobile screen. The code can represent a mobile ticket, voucher, coupon or a student, member, patient or employee ID.
Through a point-and-click interface or developer APIs, clients can pass their own transaction IDs or have unique IDs generated on-demand as part of the service. The resulting 2D barcode (QR Code or PDF-417) for each message is generated on the fly, combined with a custom logo and related text, and then inserted as a single image within the body of the email and also as an attachment.
The emails can be viewed on mobile phones, tablets or desktops, whichever is most convenient to the consumer. If the customer is uncomfortable with paperless transactions, the emails can be printed at home.
"Skycore has been inserting dynamic 2D barcodes into rich media MMS messages for many years now. As smartphone penetration has grown, so too has brand and enterprise interest in using both MMS and email messaging channels for engaging consumers on the go and delivering transaction-embedded objects to mobile devices," said Rich Eicher, CEO, Skycore LLC.
"Our intention going forward is to support the mobile delivery of all transaction-embedded objects regardless of technology or operating system -- whether it's a barcode image on iOS, Android or BlackBerry devices, an NFC token in a mobile wallet or a Pass in Apple's Passbook on iOS 6," said Eicher.
Skycore offers managed, co-managed and self-serve options on a cloud-based, SaaS platform. Additional services include an integrated mobile web site creator, analytics, campaign managers, database managers and APIs for 3rd party integration. Calls-to-action include short codes, shortened URLs and QR codes, along with opt-in forms and auto-responders.
Skycore also now supports 'Mobile Inbound Email' services to receive and organize replies from outbound campaigns as well as process new opt-in requests. Each mobile email campaign is provisioned an inbox which can receive, process and display mobile email content, including text, pictures and video.
About Skycore LLC
Skycore LLC, a Boston-based mobile service provider since 2003, helping brands leverage mobile marketing services such as mobile email, mobile messaging and mobile commerce.
Documents and/or Photos available for this release:
Email Composer Showing Barcode Template
Transaction-Embedded Image with Barcode, Logo and Terms
To view supporting documents and/or photos, go to www.enr-corp.com/pressroom and enter Release ID: 334008
Richard Eicher Sr.
Director, Business Development
Phone: (617) 279-0040 x1
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column