Ryan Guzman is about to get famous -- really fast.
Guzman, the lead actor in "Step Up Revolution," is the hottest new Latino to hit the big screen. Born in Taylor, Texas, to a Mexican father and an American mother, he started as a model for Calvin Klein underwear in 2009, according to MostBeautifulMan.com.
"I can't thank my parents enough with the childhood I was blessed with," Guzman told NBCLatino. "My childhood was full of love, and always family oriented with a lot of sports ... and dance was always a part of my life growing up in a Latin family."
This week he did an exclusive interview and photo shoot with the celebrity news website JustJared.com, where he revealed his aspirations to write and direct.
In that interview, he also talked about the emotion behind dancing and the reaction he and the "Step Up Revolution" cast received after filming scenes:
"To me, one of the best dances that make the movie is the duet that me and Kat do. It's a contemporary piece. I had never done contemporary before that, and thought what is this thing?" he said. "After doing it, I didn't realize how much emotion was involved in dancing. We did it for the cast and crew before we actually filmed, and after we were done we looked up and we saw a good hundred people crying, balling, laughing, you know -- rushing us, saying, 'That was beautiful,' and that was the point that I really realized, wow, dance can affect people that much. It was awesome!"
"Step Up Revolution" comes out July 27. But until then, do you want to have updates from this Latin hottie, visit his Facebook Page, which has more than 8,500 "likes," or follow him on Twitter @ryanAguzman.
Watch the trailer for "Step Up Revolution" below:
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'