Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney Tuesday portrayed U.S. President Barack Obama as out of touch with the economy.
Romney, keying on Obama's remarks about how government services and infrastructure play a role in successful businesses, said the president "attacks success and therefore under President Obama we have less success," The Hill reported.
"The idea to say that Steve Jobs didn't build Apple, that Henry Ford didn't build Ford Motors, that Papa John didn't build Papa John's ... it's not just foolishness, it's insulting to every entrepreneur in America," Romney said.
"We have seen what Obama's political philosophy brings and we don't want any more of it."
Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith disputed Romney's remarks, noting the president has said those who start businesses "succeed because of their individual initiative -- their drive, hard work and creativity."
Romney appeared at campaign events in Pennsylvania Tuesday as his campaign named two Republican operatives to serve as top aides to his eventual running mate.
Randy Bumps, a former state representative in Maine who worked as political director for the National Republican Senatorial Committee and as regional political director for the Republican National Committee, is to serve as director of operations for Romney's yet-to-be-named vice presidential pick, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Kevin Sheridan, a former spokesman and director of regional media for the RNC, is to serve as the running mate's director of communications.
"I'm proud to add Randy and Kevin to our growing team," Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement. "They both have enjoyed long and distinguished careers in our party. Their work will be vital as we move forward in the campaign to defeat President Obama and elect Mitt Romney."
Names being circulated for Romney's possible choice for running mate include U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio; Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty; U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.; Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal; and U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women