I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be about the judging changes coming at us next season on "American Idol"
Both Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their impending departures this week.
Tyler did it in typical Steven Tyler fashion, saying, "I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back."
A day later, J. Lo broke the news on Ryan Seacrest's radio show.
"I really was dreading this phone call with you," she told him, according to the Associated Press. "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I've put kind of on hold because I love 'Idol' so much."
I, for one, will miss Lopez's sweetness (even if it occasionally bordered on wishy-washiness) and Tyler's complete and total wackiness. He provided some much needed comic relief that will be hard to replace.
So, who should replace them?
Names like Mariah Carey, Adam Lambert and even season one winner Kelly Clarkson have been thrown around over the past few weeks, but nothing has been decided.
And, perhaps most importantly, where does all this leave the Dawg?
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys