I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be about the judging changes coming at us next season on "American Idol"
Both Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their impending departures this week.
Tyler did it in typical Steven Tyler fashion, saying, "I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back."
A day later, J. Lo broke the news on Ryan Seacrest's radio show.
"I really was dreading this phone call with you," she told him, according to the Associated Press. "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I've put kind of on hold because I love 'Idol' so much."
I, for one, will miss Lopez's sweetness (even if it occasionally bordered on wishy-washiness) and Tyler's complete and total wackiness. He provided some much needed comic relief that will be hard to replace.
So, who should replace them?
Names like Mariah Carey, Adam Lambert and even season one winner Kelly Clarkson have been thrown around over the past few weeks, but nothing has been decided.
And, perhaps most importantly, where does all this leave the Dawg?
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips