It's Krispy Kreme's 75th birthday today.
The company is celebrating by offering three new birthday doughnuts, regular doughnuts at 75 cents a dozen, and the chance to win a trip to any Krispy Kreme shop in the world, the company says.
Not as great as the free doughnuts it offered on National Donut Day, but hey. New doughnuts, discounts, and a trip around the world isn't bad.
"We are thrilled to celebrate this exciting milestone with millions of doughnut fans around the world," says Dwayne Chambers, chief marketing officer, Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corp.
Krispy Kreme debuted its doughnuts on July 13, 1937, in Winston-Salem, N.C. Krispy Kreme doughnuts can be found at more than 690 shops in 21 countries and 10,000 mass merchants and grocery stores in the U.S. Throughout it all, its Original Glazed remains its signature product.
Krispy Kreme's three new Birthday Doughnuts are available through Aug. 19 at participating Krispy Kreme shops in the U.S.
The Birthday Doughnut is an Original Glazed doughnut topped with chocolate, strawberry or white icing, rainbow sprinkles and a rosette of sweet Kreme icing.
On July 13 only, Krispy Kreme fans get get a sweet deal on a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts. The gooey goodies can be had for just 75 cents after the purchase of a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts at the regular price at participating U.S. locations -- while, as they say, supplies last.
Also, a Krispy Kreme paper hat could be a ticket for two to any Krispy Kreme location. Pick up a paper hat at a Krispy Kreme store, take a picture of yourself wearing it anywhere in the world, and submit it at HatHatHooray.com. Winners will also be awarded up to $4,500 to cover travel expenses and $500 spending money.
No purchase necessary, but restrictions apply. See official contest rules and regulations at HatHatHooray.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11