A California goat owner said he was proud to get both of his animals to ride the waves together on a tandem surfboard.
Dana McGregor of Pismo Beach said he consulted with tandem surfing duo Mark and Debbie Gale to see if his goats, who have both previously spent time on surfboards, would ride the waves together in San Diego, The Orange County Register reported Friday.
Mark Gale said the goats seemed up to the challenge.
"They look pretty happy. Thinking this is going to be a little bit easier than surfing with the wife," he joked.
McGregor said it did not take a lot of time Wednesday to get both of the goats to ride the waves on the board.
Onlookers said they were delighted by the unique spectacle.
"Oh my gosh. That was hilarious. I never thought I'd see the day," San Clemente surfer Po Carbal, 22, said. "Goats on a surfboard -- I've seen it all. I think it's probably one of the oddest and coolest things I've ever seen at the beach."
Most Popular Stories
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message