A German judge ordered a woman to pay her daughter $713 for photos and offensive comments she posted on Facebook.
The woman was charged with copyright infringement after she posted unflattering pictures of her 24-year-old daughter in a bikini on Facebook, The Local.de reported Thursday.
She also made disparaging comments about her daughter's weight in the pictures.
The daughter found out about the pictures through a friend and decided to take her mother to court.
Although the court heard the mother did not understand how the social networking site worked and "just wanted to share pictures of her daughter with friends," it sided with the daughter and ordered the mother to pay $713 in damages and that she take the pictures off of Facebook.
The mother and daughter have since broken off all contact.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women